Monday, April 15, 2013


The Code at an LSS - Buy!

One should never stop by one's local stamp shop (LSS), just to pick up an order without surveying the new items in one's LSS.  And one never surveys, patrols the aisles, or browses, WITHOUT BUYING.... And I live by that code!  I picked up my Hero Arts re-inkers AND three other things....

Lawn Fawn "You've Got Mail" set (already in it's plastic CD sleeve)
Two die cuts - Hero Arts Skyline (D1079) and
Impression Obsession - butterflies

I didn't put a thin mat in when I used the Skyline die and came up with windows that were not cut all the way through.  Still, I thought I might be able to highlight the windows with distressing it.  I went tooooo far and used the ink pad itself.  However, I found my "pink" side and decorated it with Washi tape.  I stamped the Fawn Lawn Postcard and sponged with the same Distress ink, cut it out and wondered what to put the panel on.  The little stamps in the set were perfect and once I smudged a spot with my stamp, I smudged more and more ..... So the result of all this smudging is below. . .


My building looks like a cake... So be it!  For a stumble along card, I really like it.  Remember to join in on the challenge - make a birthday card or make a card with Washi tape.  Of course, if you want to be more creative, go for it!  Click on the Current Challenge badge on the sidebar to see the challenge rules.

Recipe:
Lawn Fawn "You've Got Mail"
Hero Arts "Anytime Messages" CL129
Washi tape - 4 different tapes, 2 long strips along the side and 3 on and under the building
Distress Ink "Worn Lipstick" and "Pumice Stone"

No comments: